Saturday, July 04, 2009

DC ENGINEERING REVIEW EDUCATION

Today I solved the deer feeder problem. When I woke up this morning about 6:15 I got to thinking about the deer feeder battery. I brought it in and hooked it back up to the charger. I had been mistaken thinking that when the charger flashed that the battery was charged. When Mark checked it with his volt meter I realized that it wasn't fully charged. We charged it for about an hour and got it up to over 4 volts and heard it try to spin the feeder. So today I left it charging until 5 tonight. I got my voltmeter out and it was up to 6 volts. When I put it back in and tried the test it through out a lot of corn and I realized I needed to limit it to 5 seconds or less or will empty the feeder in a hurry. It worked on the next cycle so I am now in good shape and realize that the old feeder may not have been bad. Rechargeable batteries need a lot of charging.

Today I celebrated the Fourth at the annual Cottonwood celebration put together by Wallace Bennett. He started the program with the posting of the flag by his granddaughter, Kelli, to the Star Spangled Banner sang by the crowd. After Bob Childress read the Declaration of Independence we had a puppet singing I Am Glad To Be an American. Then Jacque Childress led us in a bunch of patriotic songs. The last event was the drawing for the quilt won by someone with a Mississippi address. Wallace closed the program singing God Bless America and we all enjoyed sandwichs and dessert. I contributed my pull apart cake I bought in town yesterday and half of it was eaten. I was back home by 11:15.

It got to 104 but I stayed in except for working with the feeder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home