Tuesday, July 07, 2009

BIRDS ARE SINGING

How do I know the birds are singing? When I went to the mailbox, my old hearing aids were returned from Abilene and when I got to the pond, while I was running some water I put them on and immediately heard a song bird that I didn't know could sing. It was the goldfinch that was drinking at the pond. And all day I could understand women's voices. I went to town to help clean up the old shelves coming out of storage for the Library. We will use what we can in the storage room and sell the rest, but we had to clean up the mold and droppings from storage.

I worked till time to go to Kiwanis where we had more visitors than members. Harris Worcester, my new Methodist preacher came as my guest. He got to meet all of the Baptists. The Church of Christ was absent today. We had four or five guests from Kiwanis in Abilene plus a couple of motorcycle riders who stopped to eat and agreed to eat with us. It was a business meeting and the big news was that the board had agreed to give $250 to support the Library children's programs. We used to give twice that but for the past several years support for the Library has been both non-existant and sporadic.

I also found out that Cottonwood and Cross Plains got over one inch of rain while I got a whole two tenths. Lydia came today and cleaned up three weeks of dust but said it didn't look too bad. I was watching the senate committee on energy chaired by Senator Boxer looking at the bill that was passed by the house and can't believe the rhetoric that is being used by the administration to pass this bill. If we don't we are going to make our children die of disease caused by global warming. I thought the global temperatures are coming down. One Republican read the editorial from the WSJ telling how a 38 year veteran of the EPA who called for a reconsideration of the global warming was told to shut up and go work on something else because the administration didn't want to hear his comments.

I am also upset the Secretary Clinton is backing the Honduran President who was deposed by the Supreme Court of Honduras because he was trying to hold a referendum that could only b e called by the Congress in order to change their constitution to let him remain in office like Hugo Chavez is doing. Why we don't condemn dictators and support democratic countries who are deposing them, I don't understand. Unless we want to have a communist dictator running this country. OK I shouldn't get into politics, but this is my blog.

This afternoon I had three deer under the feeders. I am going to have to increase the throw time on the automatic feeder.

1 Comments:

Blogger judyalter said...

Charles,

Has Harris Worcester moved up your way from Tolar? If so, can you give me his address? His father wrote books for TCU Press and was a great friend of mine--a treasure. But I occasionally need to send royalties to Harris, so I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks. Sounds like all is well with you. I won't go into politics! :-)

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home