Tuesday, July 14, 2009

RACCOONS WIN ANOTHER ROUND

This morning the lid and bottom were off of the deer feeder. So I pounded the tabs on the lid down and that should hold it. But the bottom round cup that clips on the feeder is a problem. Today I decided to duct tape it on. I put a couple of pieces on but after it rattled the feed out at 6 it fell off again. I then took the duct tape out and wrapped three pieces around and up to the feeder. When I looked out about dark there were two deer and the cup was on the ground. This is really a bad design and I haven't figured out a solution for it. I reloaded the camera to see whether I have the lid on tight enough to foil Mr. Coon tonight.

Kiwanis had Keith Lawrence talk about his business and his current interest in the use of fire for controlling brush and preventing destructive fires like the one that wiped out Cross Plains in 2005. He has taken the fire training and is helping form a Callahan fire group to do controlled burns for ranchers to improve their pastures by burning off the cedar and mesquite.

Tomorrow I go in for hearing tests. I haven't had my hearing checked for ten years or so. My old hearing aids worked fine yesterday at Library board and today at Kiwanis so if they keep working I will keep them for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home