Monday, May 11, 2009

MONDAY MIST-NO RAIN

I woke up to mist hoping it would rain but it didn't. I drove to the Library Board meeting with my wipers running at slow speed. By the time I got to town it had quit. We got a lot done at the meeting. Our bank account is in better shape due to many memorial gifts for Lou. The first Lou Rodenberger writing awards will be grade school tomorrow but I will miss the first two because the will be probated tomorrow morning. I will be able to make the Junior and Senior High School awards on the afternoon of the 22. We are planning a special surprise for the fund raiser when James Olson and his wife tell their CIA operatives stories.

Yesterday I read a book. I decided to fast and took the time to read the book of Job. That is heavy reading but I needed it. I didn't accomplish as much praying as I should have, but I feel better today and my weight is down 3 pounds. And I didn't work on Sunday!

I reminded Kathy this morning that we lived in Goleta one summer and it was evacuated a couple of days ago for the Santa Barbara wild fires. I reminded Kathy that we saw a wild fire when we were there and saw the aircraft dropping retardant on it. The winds have shifted and the people have gone back home but we in Cross Plains can relate to their scare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home