Saturday, May 09, 2009

BIG NEWS DAY

I am going to become a greatgrandfather again! News from Jim Wilcox on how he is celebrating Mother's Day with Mandi 12 weeks pregnant and a baby due on his birthday, Dec. 5. He also had news that he will be teaching engineering to high school students next year under the Infinity program. He met with eighth grade students and their parents and they were excited about the prospect. He passed his first test and is now able to teach and will take the other tests and use his next semester as internship for evaluating his teaching and I bet he passes with flying colors. Kathy is happy about the event. Christopher wants a sister but Brent wants another brother. I told them I came from a family of three boys, but Jim had sisters so whatever the Lord sends will be perfect. They are still being led to adopt a Chinese girl into the family. They are great parents so we will see.

I know that this is one month since Lou died but I stayed busy. This morning I finished writing all the thank you's that I got from the gifts to the church. That email came through late last night. I am glad to get those out before the stamps increase two cents. I went to Cross Plains to vote in the School Board election and mailed the notes at 9:57 for the 10 pickup. I then drove to Abilene to buy toner for my laser printer. I recycled at HEB and bought some pills. I then drove to the Western Heritage program and never knew there were so many cowboys in the country. They were all there. I wanted to eat chuck wagon but they sold out of tickets. I had to eat a sandwich. There were hundreds of exhibitors selling everything cowboy. One building had spurs and bits and there must have been hundreds of tables. Some were selling guns and pistols had prices of $5000. I couldn't believe that either.

I got back about 2:30 for a nap, found out that in my haste to recycle the toner cartridge I had taken part of the machine with the cartridge. I called the store and it took them about an hour to find the part so I drove to Abilene again to retrieve it. Back by a little after six. Got calls from both children checking on me which I appreciate.

Both children called to check on me and I appreciate hearing from them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home