Thursday, May 07, 2009

THURSDAY PLANTINGS

I finished planting the tomato plants. Had to run to town to buy potting soil for one of them. I added two waste baskets for the pantry because Kathy told me that I should be using them in place of sacks for my recycling. I planted three tomatoes in front of the terrace and when I dug the holes I had a lot of bermuda grass roots that I took to the septic tank lateral area that Mark smoothed down with the box blade. I watered the roots in. If we get some rain the grass should cover soon.

But tomorrow it is supposed to break high temperature records in Abilene with predicted 105 which is discouraging me from going to the Western Heritage Classic. However Saturday is supposed to have a high of 70 and possibility of rain. That may be a better day to go to Abilene.

Ike and Sue came to visit me tonight and pick up some books for Ike to read. He took Freshman English at UT Austin from J. Frank Dobie so Sue got several of his books for Ike. Lou argued that Dobie's wife taught most of his classes while he ran around. Ike remembers her teaching some of his classes.

Today I got some more notices of gifts to the Library for Lou and there were several hand written notes, one to me from Helen Groves. I noticed her return address was an office in San Antonio. I appreciate all the gifts that have been given.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home