Monday, May 04, 2009

BLOG FEEDBACK

I had a couple of responses to yesterday's blog. Dawn Letson learned about the Wednesday Club being the local Abilene writer's group when every other WC in Texas was a Women's club. She was researching the origin of The Pudding that Lou had written an contribution in each. Each of the writers told stories of their growing up days. It was started by Lawrence Clayton and after he died they didn't keep publishing it.

Then Judy Alter asked about our new preacher, Harris Worcester, because she had been looking for him due to his being the executor of his father's books that she has. So you never know how small the world is.

Mary Ann Chaffin sent me her travelogues that she didn't want to bother me with and she told about running into RVers who were Methodists and knew a lot of preachers that they know. And a McMurry student of 20 years ago that sang at the Chaffin wedding that they hadn't seen since.

Today was a mundane Monday. I did get the laundry finished but not the ironing. Something for tomorrow. I went to the bank and found that my new checking account will have the same number as the old one so that all the automatic deposits and withdrawals will be OK. I looked in my safety deposit box and found an insurance policy that I have been carrying on my financial statement. It was a policy my mother took out on me when I was 4 for $690 but had been exchanged for a $50 policy. However when I researched the company it was taken over by another insurance company that went out of business 20 years ago.

I signed up for an account that pays 4.5% but has the requirement that I use a debit card 10 times each month. So I tried the one that I got today and of course couldn't remember my pin which is really east to remember. So I haven't used it yet. I called the Farm store and asked if I could pay with it and they don't take plastic. I called an order for a trivets to give to my favorite mothers, Kathy and Mary Kathryn, but they don't take debit cards and will send a bill asking for me to mail a check. He does take plastic if ordered online.

Mary Ann says she likes my animal stories. All I saw today was a rabbit in the wet grass this morning. It didn't even move when I hit the self deer feeder device. The deer have never learned to bump the yellow plastic stick to feed themselves, and my automatic feeder has lost a screw and when it runs it loosens up and won't work the next time due. Got to get a new screw for it.

It is raining north of us again. The weatherman is saying the weather is over so again we won't get any rain here. Maybe up in Lubbock. Still another disturbance coming in tomorrow but again will be north of me.

I want to apologize to everyone who has sent a memorial to the church. They tell me they have gotten a lot of gifts but noone has had time to give me the names. When I get it I will reply, I promise and I thank all of you ahead of time if you read the blog.

The news is running a special video on John Layfield, former wrestler and now a radio personality and financial advisor in NY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home