Sunday, May 03, 2009

BUSY WEEKEND


It is amazing how busy one day can be and then how quiet it is when there is no one around but me. I reported on yesterday being so busy. We even were promised rain, but again last night brought a drip only. Couldn't hardly see the few drops in the rain guage. This morning I went to Sunday School to continue hearing a good teacher and we got through the 2nd chapter of Galatians. One new thing I learned was that the Galatians known as the Gauls sacked Rome in 400 BC. In my history that occurred a couple of hundred years AD. I need to study my history better. Then Dawn left and Kathy, Mark and Mary Kathryn joined me at church. Mark and MK sat behind new church visitors who have moved to Cross Plains from Aledo. They were at the Aledo church when our new minister, Harris Worcester, spent a year there and Mark and MK were in either Japan or Palmdale. It is a small world.


The rose-breasted grosbeak came back today eating out of the metal bird feeder by the pump house. I will post the photo I took yesterday but Kathy got a better one. I didn't get the rose color in mine.

1 Comments:

Blogger judyalter said...

Charles,

Wow! Talk about serendippity! I've been trying to track down Harris Worcester, because he's the literary executor of some books by his father that we reprinted. Can you give me an address? I didn't know he was a minister. Interesing--where did he take his training?

Thanks,
Judy

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home