Tuesday, May 05, 2009

CINCO DE MAYO

As the comic strip said it came on the fifth last year, too. I didn't celebrate with Mexican food but I did poach the two left over eggs and added some leftover sausage and leftover nut bread toast. It was good and Lydia came to clean house as I was finishing. Lou used to drink coffee with her but she doesn't join me in my tea.

I drove to pick up the mail and gathered the garbage bag at the front gate with road trash in it. I worked in my office and called Merrill Lynch to get their new account set up finally. I still have to call Germania to change their drafts to the new account. Yesterday I found out that the THB checking account will keep the same number so there are no problems with the automatic deposits and drafts there. I used my new debit card twice at the grocery store so I shouldn't have any trouble using it 10 times in the month. I used it for Kiwanis also. I can't believe that this new account will pay 4.5%. I will transfer all my cash there, which I suppose is what they want.

I went to Lawrence Farm and Ranch Supply to replenish my thistle seed and made the mistake of buying 12 tomato plants. One already had blooms on it so I planted it in the pot on the patio where I can water it every morning. I planted another in the mint pot and one in the flower bed in front. I will plant the others in my neglected garden area tomorrow.

I also went by Tim's Floral to pick up his basket with two plants, an ivy and a flowering plant. It was sent by the TCU Press. I emailed my thanks to Judy Alter. She has an interesting blog called Judy's Stew that talks about her life running the Press and her different foods that she tries.

I checked the wildlife camera for two nights. Just raccoons and rabbits. I am watching a nice thunderstorm tracking down through the Cisco and Eastland counties east of me. One is beginning to form over me so I am still hopeful for a little rain.

Mary Ann Chaffin's travelogue today was a trip through the petrified forest and painted desert that I remember from a trip when I was around 10. I was fascinated then and continue to be fascinated by the catastrophic geology of the west. Of course I look at it from the creation science viewpoint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home