Tuesday, February 17, 2009

MORE ANGEL CARE

Today an angel named Jean McWilliams stayed with Lou while I took the Avalon to Abilene for the 90000 mile maintenance. I expected about $800 but the estimate is $1325. Ouch. I also got a loan car and I am now advertising for Abilene Scion. A weird looking car/box painted like a race car. I should take a photo and post it.

Lou is doing better today. She had a good talk with Jean and read some more short stories. She is a little stronger and eats a little more but still hurts all the time and has swollen feet. I ordered her some D width shoes, but don't know if they will get here before Friday, although they have been shipped. She no longer needs any help standing up which gives me the encouragement to run to town and buy groceries yesterday.

I looked out this morning and the deer block was gone. Or so I thought. I looked some more and found where it had been moved. This afternoon I looked at last night's videos and have about 20 taken every two minutes of the feral hog eating on and moving the block. The time was between 5:30 and 6 so I brought the block up to the house and will put it out again when my son brings his hog rifle this weekend. I understand that they are wary and hard to see and shoot, but we will try. It is a good size boar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home