Monday, February 09, 2009

BAD DAY AFTER A GOOD DAY

Lou had a bad night getting up every few hours to go to the bathroom. She was feeling like the cancer is winning the war in her body and said that she wasn't afraid to die, but she wished she didn't have all the pain. Then this morning when she got up she tried to take a couple of pain pills and vomited them up. This caused her to avoid taking pain pills all day and as a result was in pain all day.

The good part of the day was having Bonita Horton from our church stay with Lou while I went to Cross Plains to work on the Library board. I chair the Meet the Author committee and we are having Joe Specht come on Feb. 17. Lou and I can't go but we love Joe and the rest of the committee is taking care of all the arrangements. I was also able to buy my license renewals and shop for Lou's Valentine gift. She said she wanted blank index cards with envelopes so she could write notes. I shopped at the Review office who suggested the Dollar General where I didn't find what I want but knocked a hole in my head looking. I finally found what she wanted at the grocery store. Bonita brought food from Underwood's barbeque in Brownwood. Lou couldn't eat but a bite or two but I enjoyed a big piece of steak, potato salad, slaw and beans with their famous rolls.

I was disappointed that I was gone. Lou had another accident going to the pot and had to change her clothes which she did by herself, not letting Bonita know. I am usually here to help with that. I did launder the rug and her clothes during the regular wash cycle. Lou went to bed early and didn't take her usual pain pills. I will go to Abilene tomorrow to refill that prescription for her. She has pills but the nausea spell is keeping her from taking them. She was talking about getting hospice help but I told her that she had to decide to stop all chemo and treatment to go that route. She said that she isn't afraid to die, but doesn't like the pain that goes with the cancer. I told her that we can't control what happens but can only try to make it as easy as possible with the pain medicine.

I told her that she looked great in her pink robe and if she felt as good as she looked she would be in great shape. She said that it was the cosmetics that she used this morning.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Your prayers are appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home