Sunday, February 08, 2009

WEEKEND UPDATE

Lou is doing a little better every day. She is eating more and is a little stronger. She has not needed any help in getting up from her chair for the last several days. As my son Mark said we have to measure her improvement in millimeters, but she is doing better. She really wants to make the Regents meeting 2/20 in Denton but has had doubts the last week. Evidently the chemo is wearing off and she is feeling better. She spends most of her time in her recliner sleeping. She has complained of having problems seeing. This morning she woke up saying that she needed to read the short stories she is judging for WWA Spur awards, but hasn't read any today.

We had a lazy weekend with no company. I even have had a few hours to work on my bookkeeping preparing to do my taxes. The big event is on the weather map with the thunder storms marching this way and at this time are in El Paso and that part of New Mexico. All Texas is waiting for this spring storm to bring some rain. Right now it is just the wind howling before the storm. The local Abilene weatherman predicted rain Sunday night and Monday morning with blowing dust Monday afternoon. We have seen that scenario before.

I have finally found a way to frustrate the raccoons messing with my bird feeder. I kept replacing the wooden dowel that the birds roost on until the raccoons hid it from me. I replaced it with a heavy piece of electric wire and they would grab that and pull the entire mechanism off. I pulled one end of the wire out and cut off the heavy insulation so that one wire is out that I thread thru the end so that when they grab the wire it pulls out. This has worked. They don't have anything to hold on to to tear it up. What I really wanted to do was put an electric shock mechanism on the wire so that when they grabbed it it would hit them with 100,000 volts. I may figure that out yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home