Tuesday, January 26, 2010

UPDATE

Literary update: I finished GRANDMOTHER SPIDER by James D. Doss. I finished this book in the hospital waiting room that I tell about in my new blog. I thought this was one of the best books I have read and one of Doss' best. He has the old Ute woman shaman, Daisy Perika, scaring her granddaughter about killing spiders by telling her about Grandmother Spider who lives in a cave under the lake that comes out and eats people who kill spiders. GS also kills cattle by biting off their head and putting the body in a tree until later. Then the local Ute policeman finds two abandoned vehicles and sees a big as a house round thing spitting fire come up out of the lake with dangling legs and a man caught in the legs. The same object comes over Daisy's house and she shoots at it with birdshot in her 12 guage shotgun. They all heard a man screaming and saw a man in the legs. Then the story gets more complicated as others get involved with his main cop protangonists Charlie Moon, Acting Chief of the Southern Ute police and Scott Parris, Chief of Police of Granite City. Doss is a retired scientist from Los Alamos and sprinkles in some technical mumbo jumbo to make it interesting. You have to read the story to unravel the mystery but it is one great story with a lot of different twists and turns including Moon's love interests.

I plan to continue this blog as more accolades come in for Lou. As my life takes on a new turn, I have created another blog bookofcharles.blogspot.com to document those changes.

Hendrick Hospice has completed their book on Lou and it is ready for me to pick up. Kathy is coming this weekend to clean up Lou's office and I hope to have it by then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home