Sunday, January 03, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR

OK so it is 3 days after New Years. I have already written several checks and got 2010 as the date. I celebrated New Years on Eve by eating black-eyed peas at noon at the Cross Plains Senior Citizens Center where they had hats and noise makers, counted down and yelled Happy New Year at noon. Vanda took a photo of my table so I will probably be in the next Review sitting next to Mozelle who told me how much she missed my granddaughters coming in to her shop. She was a fixture in Cross Plains for many years watching the world go by her shop window.

I spent New Year's Eve at home as I have for many years going to bed early as Lou and I did for many years. I was amused by the comic strips that day. Most of them had a theme about going to bed before midnight. And celebrating early. New Years day was a red letter day for me. I started by recording my car mileages for tax purposes, took my blood pressure, which was good and then the red letter was cleaning off my desk. I threw away some 2006 calenders at the bottom of the stack. It was about time. Now I need to keep it cleaned up at least for a while.

The next day I had a meal of ham and black-eyed peas and spinach just for me in Granbury. I then drove to Weatherford to get my belated Christmas gifts and was overwhelmed by getting a Garmin GPS for my car. I had really wanted one and Mark said it was Kathy's idea, so I thanked her. Mark mounted it in my car after getting it started and I used it driving home. I didn't realize that it had a feature that gives the speed limit and next to it my actual speed based on the GPS location of the car. Mark tells me that it is accurate and I found that I have been going over the speed limit when relying on my speedometer. When I first got the car I checked the speedometer using the mile markers and my watch with the seconds displayed and thought it was very accurate. Hadn't checked it lately. The Garmin said I was 72 when set on 70. It also sent my by the route through the back roads that I had been using so I was reinforced that I had been taking the shortest route. It predicted the time I would arrive accurately, also. I also got more chocolate, some Belgium from Mark and Kathy and some other bars from Ashley and Ross. I ate two bars on the way home. Ashley and Ross also gave me a Hickory Farms box that I will use on my trip for the week to Indian Lodge next week.

This morning our SS class tackled Numbers 10-14 and found that the Lord told Moses to make a couple of silver trumpets to use to guide the Israelites. They had two different tunes for coming to church and for leaving camp. I wondered how much it sounded like reveille or taps or charge. I know that the trumpets will come in handy later when we get to Jericho. One of the members was also a little upset that when Aaron and Miriam complained about Moses wife, Miriam got zapped with leprosy for a week, but Aaron got off scot free. We agreed that it wasn't fair. Of course the Israelites complained about not having anything to eat but manna so the Lord dumped so many quail on them for meat that they got way too much. By the end of the month they were full of birds. They still complained and wanted to elect a leader to take them back to slavery in Eygpt after the scouts reported that the land of Canaan was filled with giants in fortified cities and couldn't be conquered. That did it. The Lord said that only Caleb and Joshua would be left along with the children and the rest would die there in the desert for not believing even after all of the miracles that they had seen. The Lord was forgiving but also expected his people to live by his laws. We are still having problems not believing today.

Today was kinda cold and I wore an overcoat to church. The snow drifts that were about 4 feet deep are still now melted just north of Cottonwood. I still have a little snow around here that is still melting. I am dreading the below freezing predicted for two days starting Wednesday night. One year when it got down to 12 degrees my line to the pond froze, burst and drained the storage tank on the hill. Maybe it won't get that bad.

One good thing. TTech won without Leach and the Cowboys won today.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://akreoplastoes.net/][img]http://rastimores.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]software to buy online, [url=http://rastimores.net/]order to install software[/url]
[url=http://akreoplastoes.net/][/url] kaspersky virus 2008 software purchase
coreldraw object too complex, exceeds 64k bytes. [url=http://rastimores.net/]e commerce store software[/url] Pro Extended Mac
[url=http://rastimores.net/]free autocad tutorials[/url] price chart software
[url=http://rastimores.net/]good adobe acrobat pro 9 serial number[/url] softwares stores
software for retail store [url=http://akreoplastoes.net/]which software to buy[/url][/b]

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Webcam Erotikchat

amateure privat

Privat Sexcams

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home