Thursday, January 14, 2010

LEAVING INDIAN LODGE

Yesterday Nancy and I drove the skyline drive from Indian Lodge that takes you over the mountain to overlook Fort Davis and the terrain south of town. You can see two enormous hot houses that raise tomatoes south of town. Up there our cell phones worked so I called Kathy to check on Jim and Nancy checked in with her daughter. On the way back to the lodge mule deer crossed the road acting like they were daring us to run over them. So it was like back home except I have white-tailed deer here. Looking at the weather forecast of possible rain and having frost on the car each morning we decided to shorten our stay and go back home today. We stopped to visit the Odessa Meteor Crater Park but the building was closed temporarily due to a water problem. We looked at what must have been the crater and drove on to eat at the Great Wall Chinese buffet in Sweetwater that was really good. More variation than I have seen in a Chinese buffett. I ate too much shrimp but added a lot of fresh fruit and some chocolate pudding. We drove into the clouds that WBAP said were over DFW all day. Rain is forecast here for tomorrow but with mild temperatures.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish not agree on it. I assume polite post. Expressly the designation attracted me to review the sound story.

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean Anonymous? You do not agree with what? What was the designation? What was the sound story?

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home