Thursday, December 24, 2009

TWAS THE DAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS

Yesterday I met the mail man hoping to get a package I had ordered from Barnes and Noble from my new greatgranddaughter, but instead I got a package from my goddaughter, Melissa LeBahn. She said that she reads this blog and knew that I liked chocolate, so now I know the blog is good for something. I also got a gift from the mailman for my son that I should have taken a photo and posted here after I give it to him. My mailman is a craftsman.

I stopped by to see Sue and Ike as I left town and Sue gave me a box that she said had body lotion from Mary Kay that I should use no matter what my dermatologist told me about not bathing with soap and water to keep from itching all winter. She explained that the Mary Kay bar was also not soap and wouldn't make me itch. I of course won't open the package until Christmas.

I got to Brady at noon so stopped at Hard Eight BBQ where I had never eaten before. My kids and Charles Korbell have brought BBQ from there for me many times so I felt like that would be better than DQ for lunch. I had a turkey sandwich, potato salad and couldn't pass on the coconut-chocolate-pecan pie for dessert. I ate half of the sandwich and salad but all of the pie.

As I drove through Fredricksburg I called Kathy Shearer on my cell phone and talked to her all the way through town. I hate to talk on a cell phone while driving but wanted to wish her Merry Christmas. She had celebrated Christmas with her family when they met at Thanksgiving. Her son, Travis, the wheel with KBR in Dubai, is supposed to fly in for Christmas to be with his wife, who is now pregnant. Kathy and her significant other, Ernie, will take her mother to be with his family in Houston for Christmas. She could relate to me at this time of year.

Last night I took all of the Wilcoxes plus a cousin of Christopher's to eat at RIO RIO CANTINA AND NAKED IGUANA restaurant on the River walk. Got to be with my new greatgranddaughter. She got to eat under the cover of a special cloth. We all ate a lot of Mexican food. Jon-Marc and Kathy had margaritas but I had a Shiner Bock. We walked along the crowded river walk to enjoy the lights filling all the trees. I got my exercise walking up four stories to our car in the parking garage. I enjoyed having my granddaughter, Valerie, chauffer me.

There was disaster at Kathy's when I got there with the sewer backing up. When we got back Keith called a plumber and about $300 later their sewage system works great today. I had gone to bed and didn't hear the cold front come in with the thunder and rain. I also didn't hear the smoke detector go off when the plumber generated enough smoke with a torch to set it off. I slept real well.

Today Keith worked and sold some windows before noon. I enjoyed the morning with Kathy. While she went to the grocery store and fought huge crowds with the parking lot full and waiting in lines at the store, I finished writing the Flame for the church newsletter and sent it for editing. And this afternoon I got another good nap, so I am living the life of luxury. We will go to Christmas Eve communion services tonight.

So MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home