Saturday, December 19, 2009

LITERARY AND NATURE UPDATE

When I visited the Mitchell County Library I looked at their collection. I first looked for Rushing and they had no books by or about Jane Gilmore Rushing. They didn't have Lou's biography or any of Rushing's novels. It seems a shame that West Texas libraries don't have all of Rushing's novels about West Texans. When I searched for Lou Rodenberger they had one book, her first one. HER WORK that Bill Shearer published. At least they had one.

On the nature scene we have 3 fox. I can't tell what sex they are so am not sure whether a new fox has come in or one of the kits is staying around. They are all about the same size. I have probably been feeding them too much. I have seen them chase squirrels again, but not catch one. The gold finch are back and are gobbling up the feed. I have had to carry hot water out for the birdbaths but not the last couple of days. Tonight for the first time I smell a skunk so something must have irritated him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home