Tuesday, December 15, 2009

TUESDAY ALL DAY

Today seemed like a week long. My joy at church last Sunday was my new greatgranddaughter. My SS class' joy was finishing Leviticus with all the rules and regulations. We will move out of the desert and start the Canaan campaign next week when everyone else will be reading the Christmas story. But we are studying the writings that Christ was most familiar with and quoted from.

After church we held a Charge Conference that I haven't written up and published yet because I seem to be too busy. Monday morning was the monthly Library board meeting and we were overwhelmed with a gift for each director from Ann Beeler. She made Christmas ornaments to hang on the tree for each person with a different motif and individual photos on the ornaments. I think each one got 6 ornaments. One of mine had a photo of me with Margaret Waring when she visited so I had to send that one to her.

Last night it turned cold again and I was frozen today when I had to leave at 8:15 to drive to Colorado City for a Big Country Library System meeting. It lasted for 2 hours and instead of staying for lunch which is the best part of such meetings, I wanted to get back for a nap. I got to Abilene about 1 and stopped at China Garden for my chinese fix. They treat me nice in Abilene. I thought the Hot and Sour Soup felt very good on my throat. I also drank a whole pot of hot tea that they charged all of 80 cents for. The lemon chicken was lagniappe. I decided to have my car washed and still got a nap from 3-4. I built a fire in the fireplace to help the heat pump.

I continue to have a rough voice and cough when I try to talk but my immune system is still fighting the good battle and will win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home