Thursday, November 19, 2009

TUESDAY TO THURSDAY

Tuesday breakfast was French toast. I walked it off by walking two miles to get the mail. Kiwanis met to plan the annual Christmas program.

Wednesday back to cereal with blueberries, flax seed and soy milk. Walked that off with another 2 miles to get mail. Worked on Quicken and spent two hours reloading McAfee to remove the constant efforts to get me to buy an update to old programs I didn't need. Mowed with the Deere riding mower around the house. Took the minutes at the Methodist Administrative Council after we had a birthday party for Betsy Rosson hosted by Susan Hunter and great chocolate cake with pecan Bluebell ice cream. It increased my weight this morning by a half pound.

Today I started writing the minutes but stopped to get the Trustee's report that was supposed to be emailed to me. Not here yet. I then had an adventure by driving to Wichita Falls to meet a retired MSU professor of nursing. She had printed the photo of me on the Segway and showed me her photo from a cruise to Mexico where her group was put on Segways and they made her the leader. She was better protected than me. They made her wear a helmet and knee pads. After we shared a large salad and the largest dessert of chocolate cake and ice cream I have ever seen. I can't imagine one person eating that dessert. We couldn't even finish it. Then she took me to the life size sculpture of the Wichita indians on the banks of the river portraying the story of the chief who made his wife wade across the river first. If she could make it then he would follow. She waded to the middle and showed the water to her waist thus "waist is tall" wichita? Great life like sculptures.

My son called with great news. He has arranged a Saturday tour of Lockheed for Kathy, her mother, Ashley and Ross and me. I was going to spend Friday night to be there for the morning tour. He said that Aledo is playing Stephenville in a playoff game Friday night and it will play in Jerry Jones new Cowboy stadium. That is a great way to see the stadium with the smaller high school crowd. I am looking forward to this weekend. Tomorrow I have to help the Library get set up at the Methodist church for the fund raiser event Saturday. So maybe I will be able to get my column written, the AC minutes finished, and SS prepared.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home