Saturday, November 14, 2009

ABILENE TWICE



Yesterday I got educated on the use of Plinkit, the software for web sites for Public Libraries that we are using for the Cross Plains Library. Judy Luter has been doing all this work by herself so Michelle Kaiser and Kathy Anderson went with her to learn enough so that we can help in the future. Class was scheduled from 9-3 but we ate lunch at 11 and finished at 2. I ate with the ladies at Cypress St. Station. They have just opened a microbrewery so I tried their Bock with Fish and Chips. Judy ate my usual spinach pasta salad.



Kathy Wilcox's birthday is tomorrow so she wanted to go to Abilene to celebrate today. She looked for quilt stores that we put on our schedule. We drove in to the first one and it was closed. So we went to Texas Star to do some Christmas shopping. Glenn and Carol Dromgoole were both working. Glenn showed me Elmer Kelton's last book, OTHER MEN'S HORSES and pointed out that it was dedicated to Glenn and Ron Anderson. Glenn doesn't know Ron but thinks he owns a book store in Fredricksburg who also had Elmer do a lot of book signing. Glenn had Elmer in Abilene every month it seemed like.



We all ate next door at Cypress St. Station again. Val and I had their special Shepard's Pie, Kathy had Thai salad, Mark had the Fish and Chips and his Kathy a salad, We tried the sampler of their micro brews that were four small glasses of each of their flavors. We had the bruschetta and baked potato with cheese appetizers.

After we walked down Cypress and at the Texas Star corner a TexasTech worker was demostrating a Segway. First Kathy R. took a ride, then Mark and finally I tried it. Kathy used her iPhone to send this photo.



Thursday morning early I drove to CP for Methodist Men and drove through fog and pockets of moisture that made me run the wipers but no rain. I walked two miles and got my mail and now I am back to normal operation because a replacement November DayTimer came in. I didn't know what was on my schedule without it.



Wednesday, Veterans Day I took my flag to post at the front gate when I walked my two miles. I realized the mail doesn't run on Veterans Day even though the stock market was active.



This morning Mark and I took Kathy's contribution to the Lord's Acre to the church. She had a beautiful jacket she made with a blouse she bought to go with it for the auction. She had several boxes of Red Hot jelly that she makes with cinnamon red hots, I don't know how many jars. She had a dozen or more crayon rollups that she makes for the Cook Children's Hospital. Made from colorful fabric she puts 10 crayons in each one. She had a box of at least two dozen cloth holders for the little Kleenex packets. She has supported the LA for years. Tonight we will go eat the turkey dinner and attend the auction for about the 25th year.

1 Comments:

Blogger judyalter said...

Bruschetta

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home