Sunday, November 15, 2009

FAMILY AND FUMC

It was great having the family here for The Lord's Acre celebration. Mark and Kathy R. had a lot of contributions that I told about yesterday. Last night they also contributed by buying things I would never have bought for them. Kathy bought an antique cranberry scoop. Then they bought a bench for Dotty. I don't know if they are going to change the paint from orange to maroon. I contributed my KLBJ cap to the auction because I won the bid on a Resistol Black Hat. I never thought I would be a black hat guy, but I wore it with my black suit this morning and got some quizzical comments on it. I had been wanting to buy the coated pine cones to use for fire starter and got some this time. When I entered Tom Stephenson told me that Arlene had prepared basket that had a lot of chocolate goodies in it, so I got the bid on it. Not only was there chocolate fudge, but a lot of cookies and goodies, but the best thing was a fancy cookbook with not only her 97 year old mother's recipes but photos and stories of her growing up in Kanardo on the border of Kansas and Colorado. Tom said that his father-in-law told him that when he worked on a fence post and walked around it he was in two states and two time zones.

We had a resurgent in attendance at Sunday School. Val drove me in and we had one other visitor. I was pleased because we had been running low for the last couple of months. Maybe they thought Susan was going to teach again and came to hear her. We got started on Leviticus with all of the blood and guts of how to prepare and a sacrifice for even unintended sins. Since I don't have a herd I guess I would have had to bring a buck or doe for my sacrifice. I would hesitate to bring a couple of my doves. We asked the question about what has happened to the concept of sin in today's society. In church when all of the family came in our preacher's sermon was on church attendance with a lot of humorous stories about excuses for not going to church so I was glad my family helped attendance today.

Kathy R. made two kinds of soup along with a lot of other foods to help celebrate Kathy W's birthday. Her birthday brownie was a work of art made on a heart shaped pan. We let Kathy, Sue and Mark blow out the candles to celebrate Sue on the 10th Kathy today and Mark on the 23rd. Photos were taken but they haven't emailed them to me to post on the blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home