Monday, November 09, 2009

CLOUDY AND SMELLY

I drove up 281 from San Antonio in clouds, fog and a little mist. I made it in about the same time as going I-10 and through Mason and Brady. It was cloudy all the way. I got home about 11:15 and my second trip to bring in luggage the sun came out for a few minutes. I did the laundry, sorted the mail from three days, ate lunch and then went out to feed and water the wildlife. I was filling the bird baths when the UPS truck drove up. The driver saw me out back and brought the package to the back. As he started back he yelled, you have a skunk in the trap and I think he sprayed me. Sure enough I had set the trap without putting any bait into it just to see how to set it. A skunk had entered and tripped it. I think he/she had been there for a few days. I talked sweetly to it and opened the door without getting sprayed. I urged it to leave but the stupid creature turned around and curled up in the far back end. How it kept from tripping the trap again I have no idea. Every once in a while I would go urge it out, but it just curled up in a ball in the sunshine. They are primary nocturnal and don't like the sun. Then about dark a cloud came over and I got 0.02" of rain. When I checked the skunk had left and was eating sunflower seeds on the terrace. When I went out the door to close the trap it ran off into the cedars.

Never a quiet moment around here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home