Wednesday, August 26, 2009

WEDNESDAY CLOUDS BUT NO RAIN

For a while on the radar it looked like the showers would come here, but they didn't and they didn't rain much anywhere. Today was a fasting and prayer day and one of my prayers was answered favorably when I called the hospital and found that Arlene Stephenson had successful surgery on her thyroid removing a growth that was found to be benign. She can't talk but her husband Tom (who is Carleton Stower's uncle) said she was eating some soup that looked like paste to him.

My exercises seem to be paying off. I was able to fill the deer feeders this morning without any trouble. I am still exercising with two rocks for weights. I read Psalms this morning and 1 Peter this afternoon as well as Genesis 37-41 for the Sunday School lesson getting Joseph to Eygpt and in prison. I got a letter today from Tim Dill who is in prison and wrote him that I think of him when I read about Paul, Peter and Joseph all being in prison and hope that they will let him use his education and talents. Apparently they are. He is in charge of the inventory of their stainless steel manufacturing operation.

Yesterday on the way to Kiwanis I stopped to get a haircut and the place was full. I got into a conversation with a local engineer about taking professional development courses. He is doing it to keep his license and has enough civil engineering work in Abilene to pay for the courses. I finished just in time to go to Kiwanis and failed to visit with Carl Edington like I try to do on Tuesday. Debbie Gosnell who runs Cross Plains from City Hall gave us a run-down on all of the paving, water and sewage projects that the new property tax will help pay for.

I am looking forward to breaking my fast in the morning with the Methodist Mens Prayer meeting at 6:30 then skin doctor appointment at 8:15, go buy a flag staff for the Library, drive to San Angelo for Elmer Kelton's funeral and back for American Legion at 6:30 p.m. They have ordered me a cap and vest to look like a veteran. I got my LW column in today. Maybe I can enjoy the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home