Saturday, April 04, 2009

TRIBUTE TO LOU FROM JEFF SINGLETON



Jeff was one of the first Aggie students that Lou met as a graduate student at A&M and we came to be friends with him and his family. He has really met all of the famous persons in this poem.

More Honors for Lou

I met a Prince of Saudia Arabia
And a Princess of Sweden too
Both were elegant and regal
But not as much as Lou

So I wondered who
In my long years I’ve met
Could compare to Lou
That I would never forget

US Presidents four as I recall
And Senators about two dozen in all
Congressmen maybe fifty or so
And governors at least six, another next fall

Willie and Waylon and Hank and Loretta
Seemed memorable at the moment
As did Aikman and Staubach and Montana
But for what not for who I lament

Sure, a couple hours more with Michner would stick
And if the handshake with Fehrnback
Had extended to coffee and talk
Those two might make the list for me to call back

Some rich guys like Perot and Hicks and Jones
A gaggle of Generals and industry giants
All studies in ego and drive
But forgettable all if they weren’t alive

So it is good that Lou gets more honors now
She can stand in her stirrups and take yet another bow
I am proud to know her and call her my friend
Smarter, more talented, more beautiful inside and out
On my list of unforgettables there is only one in the end

But with all fairness and due respect
To those mentioned and those I missed
There’s only one Angel on the list.
I love you Lou

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home