Thursday, March 26, 2009

THURSDAY'S ANGEL

Lou slept a lot better last night and so did I. She stayed up through the news last night and that helped her sleep. We got up at 8 and ate breakfast at 9. I forgot to tell about seeing a hummingbird yesterday when the Herndons were here. Lou told me to make some sugar water for them so after I did the breakfast dishes I made two quarts for the two feeders. More bird info is that the thistle feeder was covered with finch that showed up. Must be a new flock coming in. When I went out this morning to walk to the mailbox, the two deer mother and yearling just stood there and watched me go by. I even stopped to work on the self deer feeder that the deer haven't learned to operate.

For lunch we heated some of the baked chicken, scalloped potatoes and green beans that Pat Herndon brought yesterday. For dessert we polished of the chocolate pie that was left off.

I have had some cleaning in Abilene for a couple of weeks and needed to pick it up so I asked the hospice if they could help and they had a hospice volunteer who came to stay with Lou. Martha West from Hamby was the angel who came to visit with Lou while I went to the big city. I got back about 3:30 and then filled the hummingbird feeders and put them up.

I am behind on my work. I need to write up news releases on Lou's Stirrup award and get it to the newspapers and still have the taxes to get done, but got started on that yesterday.

Lou always feels blah after supper. She ate a little today. The hospice nurse came while I was gone and left some chocolate Ensure because Sylvia Grider had suggested it for Lou because it isn't as sweet as the vanilla. I offered some to her but she said she would wait till tomorrow.

Thanks for your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home