Friday, March 27, 2009

BORING FRIDAY

Lou had a pretty good day today. She needs help standing up and getting into bed and last night she was up every hour. I had to be wakened several times because I was sound asleep. I try to wake and be up by the time she gets back to bed, but sometimes I conk out.

This morning for breakfast she ate some of the raisin bran that I bought her when I went to Abilene. She ate 1/2 piece of cinnamon toast that she always asks for. She drinks a glass of milk so she gets some sustenance. The wind came howling out of the North and I had to go out to get fire wood and build a fire in the clean fireplace that Keith had prepared for the summer season. I waited until it started getting cold after we ate lunch to light the fire. Lou ate her lunch in her recliner. She didn't eat a lot.

In the afternoon I talked her into trying some of the new Ensure. I thought all the cans were chocolate and I opened one. It was berry flavor and Lou didn't like it. I drank what was left and didn't care for it either. We will try the chocolate recommended by Sylvia tomorrow. She did find time to write a note to be mailed.

About 4 Lou asked if anyone was coming today and I told her that she wanted a quiet day with no company. She looked at me and said this is boring. So I gave her the Wall Street Journal and she read about all the rich houses for sale. I told her things would pick up tomorrow when Mark, Kathy, Ashley and Ross all come for the weekend.

She complains about her back having the most pain, but her belly also hurts. She isn't taking too many pills. The oxycontin seems to take care of the pain during the day and at night.

Thanks for your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home