Monday, March 30, 2009

COMPLETED TASKS

Today was a pretty good day for completion of projects. I e-filed my taxes today and finished the laundry this morning. This afternoon the hospice nurse came with some good suggestions for Lou. Lou wanted handles on the commode under the stairs and the nurse helped me install the bedside commode and that works great. The riser was uncomfortable and Lou felt unsteady on it. The nurse suggested changes in the laxative approach to handling the constipation problem caused by the pain medicine. She also suggested using the morphine in place of the vicodin for supplemental pain medicine. Lou has needed supplemental pain help the last two days. I asked about Lou's sleeplessness and she suggested a couple of pills for that that I gave her tonight.

Then about 3 a charming young woman Cami from San Antonio who will graduate in May from ACU with a degree in speech pathology came to interview Lou with a tape recorder to create a "memory book" that is a project the hospice has just started. Lou had a little trouble with some facts and asked for my help. She will return for more answers because Lou has led a very full life. It will be interesting to see how this comes out. Looks a lot like my oral history project for the Library, but the questions are of a more personal basis. She also asked for photos to be included so we may have to raid the fridge door.

Thanks for your prayers. We heard from a long lost friend when Dr. Charles Ethridge contacted me by email today. I had lost him and wanted to know if his second book of his trilogy had been published. I went to the press web page and it wasn't there, so it may be still in work in the press. His first novel was great in my opinion. You can look him up on Fine Tooth Press.com to read about his first book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home