Sunday, March 29, 2009

GOURMET DAY

Today we started breakfast with homemade donuts made by Mary Kathryn with an egg and ham casserole. Then Mark, Ashley and Ross took me to church. When we came home Reginald and Mary Gaggino from Throckmorton had brought their gourmet food. Gino had made a special beef dish lined with mashed potatoes with homemade bread from Mary Gaggino. Gino brought his wok and stirfried cabbage with ginger and garlic. Also Mary had brownies that I loved added to the dessert MK had made yesterday.

Then this afternoon all the guests and dogs left about 2:30 and Lou and I napped. Lou said it sure is quiet around here.

Lou started the day with a vomiting spell. Then she went thru 5 changes of disposable underwear with a diarrhea spell. Later while we were at church MK got to change her again. Then this afternoon she had no problems with that. Tonight she is feeling really bad with pain. She took a couple of vicodin that didn't help and I opened a new bottle of morphine and gave her a small amount in her coke. Then at 8 I gave her her oxycontin. I hope that will help her sleep. Last night we were up every hour and three times between 5 and 6 this morning. She needs help lifting her legs into bed. She now needs help getting up out of a chair.

Thanks for all of your prayers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Papa, I am glad you had a good visit with everyone! We are headed to College Station today for an open house of the nursing school and are looking for apartments. I am getting more and more excited everyday! I love you and will continue praying constantly! Tell Grandmother HI and that I am thinking about her always! Love you
-Ness

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home