Sunday, April 05, 2009

BUSY WEEKEND

I have been fortunate to have my children here to help with Lou. For the last two nights Kathy has slept next to Lou to let me catch up a little on my sleep. Friday night Lou woke at 3 a.m. and stayed awake so Kathy didn't get a lot of sleep. Last night she woke at 3 again but went back to sleep till morning. She has a great deal of pain and needs morphine pills to get relief. Today she has been awake most of the day and in pain but enjoys joking with her visitors. Her sister Sue and Ike have spent the afternoon.

We have had many emails appreciating the poem that Jeff Singleton wrote. He has aspirations as a writer and I told him he could make it as a poet but it doesn't pay well. I got a phone call from Bill Neal reporting from the West Texas Historical Association meeting this weekend in Lubbock. Last year Lou was inducted as one of the first class of Fellows and hasn't missed a meeting until this one. Bill reported that they had all signed a card to Lou and we should be getting it Monday.

This morning Mark, Mary Kathryn and I went to church while Kathy stayed with Lou. It was Palm Sunday but they also had a special service blessing the Prayer Shawls that have just been made. One was for Lou and I brought it home to her and she really appreciated it. Of course the great value was the many prayers for Lou during the knitting of the shawl.

I just got an email from Laurie in France who said her group of eight have been praying for Lou so we have world-wide prayers.

This afternoon Ashley and her nurse husband Ross came and Ross gave me some good advice about how to help turn Lou in bed. For the past two days a special hospice nurse has come to bathe and change the bed linens for Lou. That has been a wonderful blessing. I was impressed by the efficient and effective way that she can change the bed linens and Lou's garments all in one activity. That is greatly appreciated.

Thank all of you for your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home