Wednesday, March 11, 2009

LOVELY COLD RAINY DAY

Lou has spent the day by the fireplace in her recliner enjoying watching the turkeys and the rain. She had a rough time when she got up. She was nauseous. Took a nausea pill before her shower but ended the shower by vomiting. She then has a spell of diarrhea that lasted for three times. She started in her clothes but changed to her robe for the day and rested in her chair.

We didn't get much rain last night but this afternoon is has rained at a good click. I haven't seen the rain gauge yet but we have had at least an inch. It started running off some. I expect the grass to be green next week.

Our regularly assigned hospice nurse came today for her first visit bringing more nausea pills. I was about out of them. She is Robin Dezern and I told her that I worked with a Tom Dezern at General Dynamics in Fort Worth. She had heard of him. Her husband was a manager with GD in Abilene until they closed and he chose to stay in the Abilene area and now works for the city. His family has been in Clyde since the early 1900s. She told Lou to take pain pills as needed and she has taken both the oxycontin and a couple of vicodins tonight before going to bed. Her friend Valerie Mathis from California called to tell her she has a manuscript at TTPress. Lou had been helping her with it.

I checked the wildlife camera for last night after putting out a new deer block. About 4 in the morning the hog showed up but he didn't bother the block. It was covered all night by raccoons. Then this afternoon after we ate I looked out and the hog was there. I got my .410 out and got a shot just at dark. I doubt that I hurt him but I did get one shot off. I doubt that my #4 shot will do any damage. It is for small game and that hog isn't small.

Lou is going to have a lot of visitors this weekend. Kathy is coming back in Friday night. Diana, our beauty operator niece will be here Saturday. My brother, Robert, called and will come in for a visit from Antlers, OK. I graduated from high school there and he stayed on the old home place. He is bringing his wife and a granddaughter who wanted to meet us. No telling who else will show up.

We appreciate all of your prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home