Monday, March 09, 2009

DOCTOR VISIT

Dr. Hancock visited with Lou and said that he doesn't want to cause her more pain with additional chemo treatments. He was glad that she is doing better each day from the last treatment and he ordered hospice care for her. Our son with his wife and daughter were in the meeting and after we took our granddaughter Val to eat at Macaroni Grill. Lou had a bowl of soup that she enjoyed a little of and Kathy brought it home along with the remnants of my meal to have for supper.

We got back at 2:20 in time for Val and me to go to Abilene. I had my glasses adjusted last week and the next day dropped a soft package on my face that knocked the glasses out of line. I needed them adjusted so we went in and I got some larger nose pieces installed and they are much more comfortable now. We took the time to recycle, buy groceries for the week at HEB and I left a bunch of clothes for cleaning. It has been more than a year since I had been in the cleaners.

Kathy and Val are returning to San Antonio because they bought tickets at a school fund raiser for the Spurs game tomorrow night. It was a $500 package that they got for a lot less and think they are really good seats. They have invited our main BB fan Dr. Sylvia Grider to be their guest for the game. She has hosted Keith and Jon-Marc this weekend to see an Aggie BB game and two baseball games, so they need to pay her back.

Lou made it home fine and is feeling her usual blah tonight and took her pain pill early with a couple of stool softeners to restore her functions. She has appreciated having Kathy and Val here. Tomorrow we will have Lydia so that I can get a haircut and go to Kiwanis. And the house will be clean when I get back.

Thank all of you for your prayers. I even got my first text message from granddaughter Ashley keeping us in her prayers during this special time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home