Friday, July 18, 2008

LOU'S LITERARY PROGRESS
I have been focusing on my problems and forgot to tell about Lou's progress. Last week when Kathy was here walking with me every morning, she also spent the week helping Lou look through her files for her book and the TWU correspondence from her college years that she wants to give to the Women's Library. I think they spent most of the time looking at family photos that fill several boxes. She and Kathy both enjoyed the effort. She found more files on Texas Women Writers book and the 1980's literary scene that she wants to document. This week she is thinking about what she wants to write but most of her computer time was spent reviewing the Levelland High School reunions she was invited to but couldn't attend. Doc Sewell sends her about 40 or 50 emails a day with photos, 50's songs, stories and other emails from Lou's students. She sponsored the yearbook and writing at Levelland and made great friends of many of the students. Several read this blog diligently and even comment occasionally.

She is glad that the Rangers are back playing tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger KMR said...

This is Kayla, Val's friend from San Diego. Val just showed me your blog. I am now an avid reader, and you are bookmarked in my blog section! I look forward to many more posts! (I will definitely read your blog more than Val :) )

I hope your cuts heal soon!

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home