Friday, July 18, 2008

GETTING BETTER
I was going to post up last night but Blogspot wouldn't boot.

We are both getting better. Two days ago Lou said that her back pain is "a little bit" better. I had to leave her home today to go to Abilene. I had several things that couldn't wait. I really needed my bent up glasses straightened out so that I could read better. I should have been wearing my sunglasses when I walked. I also had to get the dead mouse out of the pickup blower. It was really getting smelly and I drove in early so that I could keep the windows down. Of course when I got to the Toyota service my 50,000 miles meant that I also had to have the fluids all changed, tires rotated and balanced, etc. Took from 10 to 3. So I got the courtesy van to take me to New Holland to pick up tractor parts. The driver for this leg was a service manager who farms two places north and south of Merkel. We discussed farm tractors. He reads the Livestock Weekly and will now look at THE COWBOY AND THE COMPUTER column. Then to the mall to Sears Optical to get my glasses rebuilt. This left me with some time before noon so I wandered into Sears and bought a new pair of jeans and two short sleeve shirts (without any female supervision). It was still early but I was a hungry so I ate at ChikFilA.

The van with a different driver picked me up and I had them go by HEB to leave my prescription for antibiotic eyedrops that I have to take one day before my cataract surgery July 28 (at 6:30 a.m.). While waiting the van driver got a request for someone to come to Toyota and it turned out that she lived across the street from the old house that Lawrence Clayton lived in for years. She is retired from the Abilene Library so we had a lot of friends in common driving in.

The arm chairs let me get a little nap. I forgot my Mark Henry (Marc Otte) book HARD ROAD TO HEAVEN that I have just started and wanted to read. It is set in 1910 in Montana and has the Indian trackers that he created. The opening chapter has the Indians stopping a stage coach and I haven't found out what happened yet. I got my pickup at 3 and it had the air freshener smell that drives me nuts so I drove in 95 degrees with the windows cracked. I picked up my prescription and took my blood pressure that was high. So much for Lotrel 10/40. I bought Lou some special coffee and the filters we can't get locally. I also resupplied my large bandages. My left hand abrasion is still bleeding a little but tomorrow should quit (doesn't it quit after a week?) My eye is still a little black but the face abrasions are healed and my arm is almost healed.

I then took the time to stop by McMurry University and visit Melanie Long who volunteered to be the new church treasurer. We handed the job over to her Wednesday night. I forgot to give her the PO key and took the opportunity to give it to her and discuss the transfer. I really appreciate her taking that job.

I got home at 5 and Kathy came in at 5:30. She is going to Midkiff tomorrow (south of Midland) for a wedding where her daughter, Vanessa, is a bridemaid for a college roommate's wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home