Tuesday, July 01, 2008

BETTER NEWS ON CA125
Dr. Hancock's office called on the CA 125 results. Seems that the Abilene test went to a different lab that has different limits and the 39 is just a little above their good value of 38 which may be better than the previous test was at the other lab where they were 29 above their normal of 25. So that is the better news. Lou said that she can now quit worrying about the test results. They ordered another test from the same lab in a month.

We were just talking about how intelligent our great grandsons are. Christopher was listening to every word I was telling Jim about the traffic on highway 206 that carries traffic from the DFW to Coleman and San Angelo and has the huge tube that form the stands for the wind turbines. They are made in the Dallas area but are shipped to the Coleman airport where they are painted and then trucked back through town on their way to I-20 to go to the wind farms. Jim said that they saw several of the trucks going through town this morning when they went shopping in Cross Plains. Brent is only 3 years old but is already a good listener and a great con man. He really like his book about Cowboy Small and his horse Cactus and can quote every line in the book. Lou thinks that Chris will make an engineer and Brent will probably make a good lawyer, or cowboy. He wears his cowboy hat and boots everywhere. Chris likes to draw and left me a drawing labeled CAT- ALIEN of a multi-headed cat. I asked if it came in a flying saucer. He said it did but didn't locate it in Stephenville. They left about 2 and it is really quiet around here now.

Our daughter Kathy is coming in tomorrow and will be here when Lou goes for the CT Scan Thursday. That will give me a chance to go to the Ford tractor dealer to see if I can get some tubing for the Ford tractor that Jim worked on. One of the old tubes was leaking diesel on the engine. He forced some smaller diameter tubing on but needs the right size to fix it properly. He and the boys and I filled all the deer feeders before he left. They really helped out around here. For supper tonight I had some of the best chocolate cake I have ever eaten. Mandi made a family recipe that made the cake and icing from scratch. Now my daughter-in-law, daughter and even Lou make a great chocolate cake but this had to be equally good. I even had some frozen yogurt to go with it just as if it were my birthday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Papa Israel said...

Charles, I have read your blog since its inception; but have never been successful in leaving a comment.

Just so you know that you have at least one faithful reader, I am trying again to get through to you. I have recently set up account for my grand-daughter's blog; so will see if it will work to comment on yours.

I was elated that the C125 was based on a different scale and Lou's report is better than
expected.

Also, enjoyed reading of your very intelligent great-grand children.

I enjoy and appreciate your blog very much.

Now, to see if this will transmit...

Regards,
Curtis Israel

4:29 PM  
Blogger Papa Israel said...

Yea!!! Well, now:

Pass the chocolate, please!!!!!

-ci

4:36 PM  
Blogger Dr. Rodenberger said...

I am pleased that you were successful in commenting. Others have had the same problem. Lou says that you were one of her favorite Levelland students.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home