Wednesday, September 02, 2009

MORE RECOGNITION OF LOU

Today I made a fast trip to Abilene to UPS my deerfeeder I am returning. I ate at Chinese Kitchen because they were back from vacation. My audiologist was eating there as was Glenn Dromgoole. Glenn left then came back in to tell me that they are having a special recognition of Lou and Elmer Kelton at the West Texas Book and Music Festival luncheon on Saturday September 26.

And Margaret Waring has been bugging me about when they are going to formally dedicate the Women's Collection in Lou's name. Today we got official notice from Ann Stuart, TWU Chancellor that there will not be a formal service for that but that they will make the announcement at the Joyce Thompson lecture on November 4 because Lou was a long-time supporter of that lecture series and would be an appropriate place to make the announcement. She also sent an email to all of the faculty and staff telling them about the name change and inviting them to view the display of Lou. The Board of Regents visited the display last week when they met.

1 Comments:

Blogger judyalter said...

Charles, all this recognition of LOu is wonderful and well deserved. It's just too bad it wasn't done when she could see and enjoy it.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home