Thursday, June 05, 2008

MEDICAL TESTS
Today was the day that Lou dreaded and it lived up to her worry. She spent all afternoon being Xrayed. We got to town at 1 with her fasting since breakfast and at 2 she went through bone density and the pain of another mammography. She insists she won't have any more of those. Then the fiasco of finding out that the CT Scan machine that she was supposed to go to had been purchased two days ago by Abilene Regional Hospital and all scheduled patients were sent over there. Of course that delayed us well beyond the 3 scheduled appointment time. She finally finished after 5:30.

Everything looked a lot better to Lou after we had a great meal at Copper Creek restaurant, a new experience for us. She said she needed that glass of Cabernet and had a cup of decaf to finish with. It was a long day. We got home at 7:30 and she got to see the Rangers doing well before she went to bed. Looks like the Rangers should win.

I had a long day also. I needed to copy a bunch of records for the auditor of the church finances. I was greatly helped by our pastor, Rev. Margaret Friend, who ran the copier for me and copied papers for 2 1/2 hours. I slipped off and got my haircut that Lou insisted I needed before we leave next week for the WWA. We finished at 11:30 and I took it to the PO and got it off to the auditors. I can't get rid of this Treasurer's job until I complete the audit. I then got home in time to take Lou to the tests.

Tomorrow we get up early to drive to Dallas for a Regents meeting at Presbyterian Hospital site of TWU nursing school. We will have to get there early. But after the meeting we will have a meal with son Mark and his wife Mary Kathryn for an early Father's Day celebration. For the last 50 years I have always been on the road for Father's Day and this year will be no different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home