Monday, December 31, 2007

LAST DAY OF 2007
This is the last day of the year and the last week has been wonderful. We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas day with our son, his wife, Mary Kathryn their dog, Dottie, MK's mother, Mary Carleton, their daughter, Ashley and her new husband, Ross. They really showered us with gifts. I now have more dark chocolate than I can eat. We got a great bird feeder that we had been wanting. I was skeptical when I saw the large ball of wires with a small cage inside that looked too small a weave for sunflower seeds, but when we put it up the finch loved it. Large flocks of goldfinch are coming through and I am filling the feeder every day. They fly into the large openings and out again and get the seeds with no problem. We got many more great gifts that we are still enjoying. And Mary Kathryn fed us well. Mark invited one of his friends from work to eat with us. He was alone this Christmas and we enjoyed making a new friend.

Then Wednesday we got a special treat when our daughter and all of her family came including our two great-grandsons, Christopher and Brent. Lou had picked a barn and fence from Lillian Vernon for Brent and his dad, Jim put it together for him and both of them really enjoyed putting their horses, tractors and farming equipment into the fenced corral. Again we got a lot of Christmas presents that we enjoyed with a lot more chocolate candy and cookies of all kind. Jim's wife, Mandy, made some great Ritz crackers with peanut butter filling enclosed in thick chocolate covering that were great. Lots of other dark chocolate desserts. They also gave me a little Bible hand held computer that I am learning to use. I used it in church Sunday when the preacher was reading the Bible verses from her PDA, I was using my hand held to read along.

Lou is feeling better as she copes with the chemo. She would be in great shape if her back would quit hurting. Last Friday and Saturday and this morning I walked with her to the mailbox and back. Only 2/3 of a mile, but better than nothing. My leg that was killing me started feeling better last Friday and is a lot better now. Hopefully it will completely recover. Pains come and go and I am ready for this to go away.

Keep praying that the next chemo on 1/9 will be the last and that Lou can get back to full speed in 2008. She said this morning that she has to start writing every day. This is the last day to receive novels for her to judge and she only got two last week. She reads about one a day. I finished Glenn Beck's AN INCONVIENT BOOK and have started a book by Henry Petroski, an engineer, that son Mark gave me for Christmas. Mark also gave us a picture frame that displays photos from a storage device and I am going to plug my camera card into it to see if that works.
We have had a great week and are looking forward to a great new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home