Wednesday, December 12, 2007

GOOD DAY YESTERDAY
Lou commented last night that she really enjoyed the day. It was foggy and rainy but Ann Barton and Dawn Letson from the TWU Women's Collection Library came to look at Lou's files relating to TWU and women writers. They only carted off two boxes mostly about Lou's early TWU experiences and her files on Carolyn Gordon that she used for her Master's thesis. She is holding on to a lot of letters from women writers to use in completing her literary memoir. When she can get back to writing. Right now she continues to work on reading the novels that she has to judge for a Spur award. She says this is the last year of judging. She has quit judging for the Cross Plains Library literary awards and they are searching for someone else for that task.

The weather is interesting. We are thankful for the rainstorms that have come through all night and continue this morning because it lowers the fire danger which is very high due to all the undergrowth this year. I have ice formed on metal objects like the bird feeder in the back yard and the mailbox, but it doesn't seem to be forming an ice bark on the trees like it did Monday. We are really blessed to have our electricity, because I have failed to get firewood and have it ready. We could use a fire in the fireplace today. The temperature is hovering around 34 degrees. Looking at the radar the rain should end this afternoon and the temperature is supposed to warm up some.

My cold is still affecting my throat and causing coughing when I try to talk or when I get up and move, which is not too often. I stay seated at the computer or in my recliner most of the time. I think I am really just lazy. For instance, I have a little dab of firewood that I had planned to bring up to the porch before the rain came, but it is still out in the open soaked and not where I can use it very well. So much for plans with no execution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home