Saturday, December 08, 2007

COLD WEEK
The weather wasn't cold. It was very nice all week. I started the week with a cold in my head that is clearing up nicely. Lou complained of a cold on Thursday, but she says it is better today. Thursday we drove to Abilene and did our initial Christmas shopping in the mall. Lou was really tired by the time we finished. We ate at Old Spaghetti Warehouse in the mall. We then went to HEB where I recycled a trunk load of cardboard, newspapers and catalogs, picked up a prescription refill for Lou, and bought groceries to get us through till Christmas according to the bill.

Next Tuesday Lou will host Ann Barton and Dawn Letson from the TWU Library who will be examining her files and maybe toting a couple of boxes back. She plans to give all of her papers to TWU but is still using a lot for the memoir she is writing. Of course she is reading a huge number of novels for a Spur award and when she will get back to writing I don't have any idea.
Also this next week we will be going to Lubbock for Vanessa's graduation from Tech on Saturday. We are looking forward to that and maybe Lou will have gained some strength back by then. She is getting over the last chemo now.

We are getting Christmas cards and many of them are thanking me for this blog. Someone suggested that I post more often, but unless something is going on I don't post.

Lou thought I had a good column in the last Livestock Weekly where I described the Thanksgiving visit of Kathy and her family and their use of laptop computers downstairs. Jan Seale appreciated that I mentioned Alamo Heights listing in the Texas Monthly because she has a grandson going to school there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home