Wednesday, December 19, 2007

ANOTHER CHEMO COMPLETED
Today Lou completed her third carboplatin chemo round. Dr. Hancock said that even if her CA125 goes way down he will have her do one more and scheduled it for January 9 at 10:30. Her blood work continues to look very good with her red and white cells on the border but a lot better than last year when she took the same chemo and they dropped to the bottom. Dr. Hancock was pleased with that. When Lou told him that her hair has stopped coming out but still looks a little ragged he made the comment that "the hair always looks like a mangy dog" and Mary Kathryn suggested that he find some other analogy to use. When asked if she will have to continue the chemo, he said he had a lot of chemicals that he hadn't used on her yet, and that he might go to oral drugs. My plan is that she will have normal CA125 when we call Friday and can get off the chemo and go into total remission and continue her ginger for control. But I am not allowed to make medical decisions.

Mark and MK brought us ChickFilA sandwiches for lunch and visited with us before Mark had to get back for a 2 o'clock meeting. Mary Kathryn was there when we got there and spent the morning with us. Lou was through at 1 and we stopped at Borders to use the gift cards that they had given us for our birthdays. We spent them and $.15 to get out of the store. I bought a book on all the religions for my reference. Lou bought Christmas gifts with hers.

We got home at 4:15 and Lou is feeling well except for her back bothering her for the last 3 days. Tylenol helps her get past those pains. She has had little effect from the chemo except for feeling lousy the 3rd thru 5th day after.

Yesterday my cold broke and my appetite came back. I still cough when I try to speak but it is getting better, I can tell. We were fortunate to have clouds for the drive in and most of the way home which helps my driving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home