Monday, February 23, 2009

MONDAY AT THE DOCTOR

We got up at 6 this morning and made our scheduled departure before 7:30 after eating breakfast. Lou's new shoes in a D width fit her feet and she looked great. We made the doctor's office before 9:30 and Mary Kathryn and Mark joined us after Lou had her blood tests. We all met with Dr. Hancock and Lou explained how the last chemo was tough on her. He asked questions and said he was trying to make her life better and suggested waiting to get the marker results CA125 tests to see if the chemo was working. He said that he can't cure her but wants to make her life as productive as possible. He prescribed a new pain pill that is timed and lasts all day. She takes one at night and one in the morning. She started one tonight.

We were able to enjoy a great Chinese meal with Mark and MK before leaving FW. We were home by 2:40 and Lou got into her robe. I changed the bed and started the laundry then while Lou was napping I ran to town to buy groceries because I get the 5% senior citizens discount on Monday. I was home by 5. Lou requested the same ham and cheese sandwich for supper. I added a little container of mandarin oranges I found in the fridge for fruit and she liked that.

I just heard the last load in the dryer finish. Time to hang the last shirts and pants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home