Sunday, November 30, 2008

WEEKEND EVENTS

I won't discuss the football games. Our teams lost except for Sylvia Grider who has an undergraduate degree from UT. I have a graduate degree from there but it doesn't count. What was interesting was the TV coverage on the Mumbai massacre. Our son had eaten in the restaurant in Islamabad a couple of weeks before it was destroyed by bombers and our granddaughter, Vanessa, had eaten in the restaurant in the Taj Mahal hotel in Mumbai last summer when she was on a mission trip for her church to India. It is interesting how the news can come close to home when it is on the other side of the world.

We had a good weekend with Kathy's family. After Thanksgiving day together Jim, Mandi and their sons went home Friday with Jon-Marc. Kathy, Keith, Valerie went home to San Antonio and Vanessa to Lubbock Saturday morning. We enjoyed the good food and company. Lou still has pain all the time but she enjoys the company.

Tomorrow Lou will start the oral chemo protocol by taking five little pills before breakfast. She found the energy to check her email this morning while I went to church. She said she could eat some chicken-fried steak from Staghorn restaurant that was recognized in Texas Monthly as a good restaurant in a small town. I picked up a single order and we split it. Lou ate a couple of bites of steak, mashed potatoes, salad (I put blue cheese dressing on her part) and a couple of bites of roll with gravy. I got the large portion. She ate a small dip of frozen yogurt for dessert while I made mine a chocolate nut sundae.

I finished my online edition of the Flame by converting it to a PDF file and emailing it to my church mailing list yesterday. It wasn't really professional looking but worked when I wasn't sure I could do it. Today I copied it as an HTML file and tried to put that on the church blog, but that effort failed. I have a lot to learn about this Internet stuff. Our SS lesson this morning talked about being "slightly imperfect" and my Flame fell in that category.

Continue to pray for Lou as she starts a new round of chemo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home