Sunday, November 09, 2008

DOUBLE EVENT WEEKEND
I have amazingly accomplished daughter and daughter-in-laws. The two Kathys helped Sue's children prepare a great 80th birthday party for Sue Saturday afternoon. Kathy R. made one of her famous strawberry cakes for the BD cake. They both made a lot of sandwiches. Three kinds of punches to drink. The event was held in the Baptist Family Life center and the kids all had a basketball court to use. Logan Livesay, Sue's grandson, was not only shooting baskets but his dad had photos of the large buck Logan shot for his first deer. They hunted on the Livesay place at Stephenville.

That was followed the the first Lord's Acre in our new Methodist church. A long time tradition of serving a turkey dinner, having a Little Store selling small crafts and baked goods plus an artist, Mary Barton doing silhouette cutouts all followed by the auction at 7 p.m. Mary Kathryn has always donated her craftwork to the auction. For the last several years she has donated a beautiful jacket that gets a lot of attention and this year she added four stacks of six pillows that she makes for Cook Children's hospital with four different themes. Two were for seasons of the year, one for boys and the other for girls. All sold for good prices. Mandi, Kathy Wilcox's daughter-in-law had her two sons there and they fell in love with a huge dog that she won for them and a few minutes later a young girl had joined them sitting on the dog. I had donated five bolos but only saw two of them sell. Those two did better than I expected.

Lou is doing better. She was able to take pain pills yesterday and make Sue's party but couldn't make the Lord's Acre. Mark, Mary K and her mother all left to go back to Weatherford last night. Kathy W., Vanessa and Mandi all went home after breakfast this morning. I taught SS class and served as worship leader at church. We had a guest pastor who is the Chaplain at Harris Hospital in Stephenville plus a Baptism service by Rev. Wallace Bennett for two of his grandchildren. It was Veterans Service and the children all signed certificates that they handed each veteran. We have veterans from WWII, Korea, Vietnam and I think the Gulf War in the congregation. The Navy, Army and Air Force were all represented. We also celebrated over $13,000 raised by the Lord's Acre event.

Lou and I got a nap this afternoon and watched the last half of the Mavericks and LA Clippers. The Mavs lost.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI PAPA!! I know I haven't written you a comment in a while and I am very sorry for that! I just wanted to thank you so much for the bike and the quilt. I am getting great uses out of both but I am afraid it is going to get a little too cold to ride the bike soon but that's okay, I will just look forward to spring more! I had a great time this weekend celebrating Mom's birthday and going to the information session at A&M about their new nursing school. I can't wait to tell you all about that when I see you. I am praying for the both of you constantly! I love you both very much and I will see you Thanksgiving!
~Ness

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home