Thursday, November 13, 2008

WILDLIFE UPDATE
This morning when I drove to the mailbox I saw three turkeys. We haven't had turkeys on the place for years. I told Lou about them. Also there were two deer at the Halsell House.

Then this afternoon I looked out of the window and there were three deer watching six turkeys who wandered all around the house eating bugs. Then I noticed that one of the deer had a small set of horns. Must be his first year as a buck.

For the last several days we have had four big raccoons that come in to clean up the sunflower seeds on the terrace that are for the birds. The aggravating things then shinny up the pole on the metal bird feeder and pull the wooden bird roost out. I have had to replace it three times in the last week. They also clean out the seeds in the feeder.

I haven't seen the skunks lately, but we do have the a couple of foxes active in the back yard. This morning one was lying in the sun waiting for me to put feed out. I think we have spoiled all of our wildlife.

Lou had a little better day today. She always does the day after taking the steroids with her chemo. She ate a little oatmeal this morning but the fox got most of it. She ate a couple of bites of fish for lunch and a little better fruit, cheese and crackers and Activa for supper along with a glass of wine. She is dreading tomorrow and the days after. She has cancelled her trip to Denton Monday to hear Fran Vick give this year's Joyce Thompson lecture. She has missed very few Thompson lectures since they were started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home