Wednesday, October 22, 2008

TODAY UPDATE
Tonight Lou ate a more normal meal. At night she always eats some fruit, apple and grapes, an Activa, a couple of crackers and cheese with her calcium pill and a couple of ginger capsules with a glass of milk. Normally she drinks a glass of red wine, but when she is taking a lot of pain pills she skips the wine. Lou thinks all of these problems are what the chemo sheet said could happen: nausea, indigestion, upset stomach, pain, etc. The pain pills alleviate but cause other side effects. She has been taking laxatives that are working and she says today is better than yesterday.

We have heard from our granddaughter Ashley who is working free from dawn to dark at her intern position in Dallas. She and Ross will come out Saturday night to visit Lou. Her parents will come in Friday night for the weekend. Hope that makes Lou feel better.

I am using my new Dell computer and fighting it all the way. Why do new machines have to give you problems. It has Vista and I can't find any way to change the screen size. The AOL will not let me print directly to the default printer. And it won't find all the settings in the settings folder. I am getting emails OK and am able to work on the blog. So I shouldn't complain.

1 Comments:

Blogger judyalter said...

Charles, I didn't realize Lou was having such a tought time and am absolutely dismayed, horrified, and full fo prayer. My love to both of you.
The signing for 450: it was Dancing Naked: Memorable Encounters with Unforgettable Texans, by Mary Rogerr, formerly a feature writer and culture columnist for the Star-Telegram. It was a great program, though I don't think we sold as many books as anticipated.
Keep posting, please. I like to keep up with you two.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home