Wednesday, September 17, 2008

UPDATE ON LOU
My birthday was also the day that Lou took her last oral chemo pill. I had hoped that she would then start getting her energy back. Sunday morning she woke with a bad pain in her abdomen and took two prescription pain pills that worked. Monday morning again she had the pain and only took one pain pill but each day this week she has walked to the front gate and back. That is 2/3 of a mile. Tuesday morning she took two Tylenol for pain relief. This morning she went back to the prescription pill. She has been very productive in writing notes to the people who have sent gifts to the church in our honor. I am behind on sending email thank you's. I will try to catch up.

Today was my day to replace the bottom element in our hot water heater. I started it draining before we walked and opened the connection on top so that it would drain after we got back. It was drained by 11 when I started trying to remove the old element. I failed. I couldn't get it to release with all the effort I could put into it. So I decided to take the plumber's advice and just expect the drain to clear out some calcium. But I know that that element is covered and the bottom is full of carbonate. I have seen it before. I put it back together and we have hot water, so I am not worse off. I did treat the pond and plan to buy some Koi after watching the RFDTV channel where a pond expert said that Koi eat the algae. For years I used to buy Koi on my birthday. I would generally get four or five hoping to get breeding pairs. I found that the Great Blue Heron loves big fish like Koi.

We will be celebrating Lou's birthday September 21 by going to eat in Abilene on Saturday the 20th with our son and daughter-in-law. Our daughter will be at the football game in Aggieland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home