Friday, August 22, 2008

REGENTS MEETING IN DENTON

I found out that it is 322 miles roundtrip to Denton and was 324 miles roundtrip to Dallas Presbyterian campus of TWU. In two weeks Lou has attended two Regents meetings at the two campi. Today was a full regents meeting to approve the budget, etc. Lou did well and was worn out but not hurting much when we got home.

I spent my time at the Library as I generally do and got to talk to the new Librarian Shirleen Bird, the former librarian, Elizabeth Snapp who is still teaching history courses online, Ann Barton, who told me she is retiring in January and devasted Lou with the news. I used my laptop to write the minutes of the church meeting last night. The wifi I was used to wasn't up but they let me use a TWU computer that was online and I emailed the minutes to the committee.

The regents let me eat lunch with them. After lunch Ann Stuart, the chancellor, gave a tour of the newly revamped first ladies gown display on the second floor of the conference center. I went back to the Library to read and get a short nap. Lou called at 2:30 to say they were having their ice cream. I got there and it was amusing to see all the regents and university officials sitting in a circle munching on ice cream bars. I joined them to get some calories to keep me awake driving. We got to leave by 3 and were home by 5:45. Somewhere I missed a cell phone call from my brother, Robert and haven't been able to get him. Hope nothing is wrong at his house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home