Thursday, September 11, 2008

GREAT BIRTHDAY
Today was a great day. Started with me making pecan blueberry waffles and a thin slice of ham. They were good even if I did make them. When my daughter called she asked if I mixed them. She thought I would heat up frozen ones. I got phone calls from three grandchildren, son and daughter, and brother Bob. Got an ecard from brother, Walt. Kathy mailed me a package which is unusual because she is usually at least a week late. She included a great card that our French daughter had sent to her to give to us when she came for the party but she didn't get until she got back. She gave me a carrying case for memory sticks plus a 4GB Cruzer stick. Mark had given me T. Boone Pickens book THE FIRTST BILLION IS THE HARDEST. I agree with that. I gave up on the first and am still working on the second.

Lou was feeling better today. We didn't walk this morning because it was still drizzling but she felt good enough to go to Abilene to recreate our lunch at Lytle Land and Cattle Co. steakhouse. Lou likes fried catfish so she ordered that and we brought most of it home. I had the house specialty Sharon Allen's ribeye steak and ate the whole thing. It was great. We asked our waiter if he was in the Marine reserves and he wasn't. He didn't even remember 911 2001.

We then went to HEB where I recycled cardboard, newspapers, plastics and glass. Then we got Lou's Evista prescription and some other stuff. On the way out I decided I needed some chocolate dessert for my birthday so I bought a dark chocolate Snickers and shared it with Lou. I ate most of it and took care of my craving.

Lou wrote more paragraphs this morning on her memoir. Her desk is working fairly well but would be better if it would go one inch lower. She felt better today. She gets tired in a hurry when she walks, but her back isn't hurting too much. Tonight she took her last oral chemo pill. We called Hancock's office and was told that she shouldn't take any more until her appointment Sept. 24 when he may give her a different prescription. So she should hopefully get some energy back in a few days as this works out of her system.

We got a total of 1.25" of rain for the last 3 days. Looks like IKE will not bring much rain to this side of the state. But a cold front will lower temperatures this weekend.
We will pray for those in IKE's path. We were in Bryan when Carla hit in '61 I think. We remember seeing some of the rain but knowing what happened in Galveston and Houston. Looks like IKE will take the same path. Fortunately Sylvia Grider is going to a reunion in Pampa and will be out of Bryan for the storm. I answered Val and Guy Sheppard's ecard with an invitation to escape College Station and join us for the weekend. Haven't heard from them. Our grandson, Jim, said that Corpus Christi had a lot of evacuees. Our mailman said that Highway 36 was heavy with traffic coming this way. It starts at La Porte and ends in Abilene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home