Thursday, August 28, 2008

HEIGH HO IT'S OFF TO THE DOC WE GO
This week we will make three trips to Abilene to doctor's offices. Dale Bishop, fellow Kiwanian, stated that when you retire be sure and buy a new car because you will wear it out going to the doctor's offices. He was right. The problem with this week is that I am gaining weight also. We eat out every time we go to Abilene. This week isn't Lou's appointments it is mine. Yesterday I went in for a followup on the cataract surgery and Dr. Teague wrote a new prescription for that eye which requires a new set of glasses which requires me to go back tomorrow to pick them up. Today it was both of us going to the dermatologist for our annual checkups. Lou was clean of anything but I got the usual nails pounded into my head. Three this time. The same as last year. He squirts liguid nitrogen on the spots and it feels like a nail being pounded into the brain. To balance things off he squirted on each temple also this time.

Yesterday we got in early and after the appointment Lou shopped at Texas Star in downtown Abilene. It was too early to eat in town, but we had to stop in Clyde for some groceries (Lou is feeling a little nausea and I was getting some small Sprite cans) and it got to 11:30 so Lou suggested the DQ in Clyde. I had grilled chicken sandwich, but Lou got a chicken basket with the greasy french fries and I had to help her finish that off. Then this morning we went in early so after the dermotologist got through with us we ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel and I had too much including biscuits and gravy plus grits with two eggs but the sausage was turkey. Isn't that less fattening? So we had small open face sandwiches for lunch late after I mowed for an hour down the road and the Halsell House yard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home