Sunday, March 09, 2008

GRAND WEEKEND
This was a grand weekend because we were blessed with our first grandson, Jim Wilcox and his wife, Mandi, and our first granddaughter, Valerie Wilcox. Their mom sent a small icebox full of food that the women cooked for us. Because of their work schedules they didn't come in until Saturday so we had a great meal at noon of breaded pork chops, scalloped potatoes, and for dessert an interesting brownie combined with Trix candy bars that Kathy had read about when she was here last weekend. She likes to try out new recipes on me, and I love it. She also sent some new tea that she found that had chocolate in it. So I got my chocolate fix this weekend.

For Sunday lunch we had chicken spaghetti, corn casserole and squash along with Kathy's left over ice cream for dessert that Lou likes. I had more of the brownies and am getting fat. Jim has just started a new career where he has always wanted to be working as a mechanic with a fellow Christian who shares his values. Their plans are to develop an expanded automobile repair shop system as fast as they can grow by hiring good people to work with them. Jim says he loves this job. His partner is an evangelical Catholic and they share their love for God. They are planning to build a race car that will have Bible verses and an evangelical message on the sides. I thought that was an interesting evangelical approach.

They left our great grandsons with Mandi's mother and we missed them but we enjoyed getting their help. Jim took a sledge hammer to my busted tail gate and got it operating. He tried to fire up my chain saw. It started but the chain clutch didn't work so he took it home to work on it. All three of them took my pickup to Cross Plains to Sue's house and picked up some really old firewood, so that we can manage the Easter cold spell that should be just around the corner but hasn't shown up on the predictions yet. Right now a thunderstorm is coming through and I can hear the rain on the chimney. The TV is running a severe thunderstorm warning for Callahan county. We have been hearing thunder.

I will get off before the satellite is blanked out.

1 Comments:

Blogger judyalter said...

Charles, I love your descriptions of meals. To me, blogging is a lot about food--or maybe life is a lot about food!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home